To improve the educational environment for teaching and learning by providing all San Ramon Valley Unified School District students with modern learning facilities.
The Facilities Development Department deals with the construction and renovation of the district's facilities as well as enrollment tracking and planning for capacity. Construction services include overseeing planning, new construction, major renovations, modernizations, and projects. Enrollment tracking and planning strategies include identifying and evaluating goals and providing students and teachers an optimal learning environment.
Success over 17 years:
- Over $1 billion in new/upgraded school construction
- Over $1/2 billion in developer (private) funding
- Over $1/2 billion in taxpayer supported bonds (Measures D (1998, 2012) and A (2002))
- New schools completed: 12
- Schools upgraded or modernized: 23