Flyer Distribution Procedures
SRVUSD cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery. Flyers are distributed through email and posted to a webpage. The following information provides instructions and the protocols for using the Peachjar electronic flyer system.
Community Groups and Outside Organizations
All requests for flyer distribution by outside community organizations must first be approved by the District Office. Flyers are distributed electronically on Fridays. In order to eligible to use the Peachjar system you must be a local non-profit organization with a valid 501(c)(3) tax ID. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service. Please visit www.peachjar.com for more information.
All flyers to be distributed from an outside organization must:
- Originate from a local non-profit organization with a valid 501 c 3 tax ID;
- Support SRVUSD's mission and framework for excellence,
- Include the following disclaimer (exact wording): This program is not sponsored by the San Ramon Valley Unified School District. Approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
- Directly benefit SRVUSD students or be of intrinsic value to students and/or parents;
- Do not directly conflict with SRVUSD programs.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Ensure that your flyer meets the SRVUSD Flyer Approval requirements above.
- Go to www.peachjar.com
- Register with Peachjar as an Enrichment Provider (account type)
- Select desired schools
- Upload your flyer to Peachjar for approval
Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the District to review and approval. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described below. Please allow up to 48 hours for the district office to approve or deny your flyer for Friday distribution.
Instructions for Schools
Individual schools may post flyers for their site that promote information and events related to:
- Parent-Teacher Associations (PTAs),
- The San Ramon Valley Education Foundation (and its affiliates)
- Booster Clubs
Each school site has its own Peachjar administrator who uploads these flyers. Please contact your school office if your flyer falls under one of the categories above.