Our Technology Plan for 2011-2014 was approved by the California Department of Education in May, 2011.
In today’s rapidly?changing world, schools and other institutions/organizations must plan for the use of technology to advance their mission. The following beliefs played a major role in the development of our plan:
- Technology is vital to many aspects of teaching and learning in the 21st century.
- Technology can no longer be considered a separate course; technology is a tool for much of our learning.
- Technology must be relatively transparent in classrooms and integrated throughout the curriculum.
- All students in grades K–12 must be supported with access to technology tools.
- Teachers and students should be equipped with current technologies that make learning interesting, motivating and relevant to the real world.
- Staff should have adequate tools for teaching and managing information.
- Technology should be accessible and in working order for teaching and learning.
Our plan is intended to be dynamic and flexible. It provides direction to decision-makers and schools without overwhelming users with many details that can become obsolete within a few months of their publishing.